[Bf-committers] CUDA backend implementation for GSoC?

Timothy Baldridge tbaldridge at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 20:17:11 CET 2008

I got a reply back from the LLVM developers:

"Yes, we started implementing OpenCL on top of gallium using LLVM and Clang.
We're planning to publish a public repository in the next week or so."

I'm going to whip out a framework this week/weekend that should allow
us to start benchmarking some GPU vs CPU comparisons. Once I get that
sourcecode up perhaps we can get Ton to set us up a repository where
we could start testing some ideas. I'm wondering if we couldn't
leverage the new RNA to develop a somewhat simple API for
uploading/downloading data from the GPU so code writers would only
need to worry about writing kernels.

Once I get the benchmarks done, I'd like to setup a simple database
(like the blender benchmark site) that will allow us to track how
various system stats effect the performance of the routines.

Timothy

--
Two wrights don't make a rong, they make an airplane. Or bicycles.