[Bf-committers] WITH_OPENEXR required in file that defines it afterwards?

Chris Want cwant at ualberta.ca
Mon Dec 15 22:07:30 CET 2008

Miguel A. Figueroa-Villanueva wrote:
> Well, I was just curious to know how to contribute and the policies.
> Basically, I was looking at the complexity of the blender code and
> interdependencies. I think that CMake 2.6 brings a lot of features in
> the lines of target dependent properties, functions for scoping, etc.
>
> But I don't have concrete cases at hand or experience with the build
> process, so I don't think this discussion is worth our time for now.
> In the future, I might bring this up again if there is in fact a
> compelling reason.
>
> Thanks,
> --Miguel

Yeah, we've already had a few issues come up due to this policy
stuff in 2.6. See for example:

http://projects.blender.org/plugins/scmsvn/viewcvs.php?view=rev&root=bf-blender&revision=15990
http://projects.blender.org/plugins/scmsvn/viewcvs.php?view=rev&root=bf-blender&revision=16251

To be honest, I haven't researched the subject much.

Regards,
Chris