[Bf-committers] WITH_OPENEXR required in file that defines it afterwards?

Chris Want cwant at ualberta.ca
Mon Dec 15 18:47:53 CET 2008

Miguel A. Figueroa-Villanueva wrote:
> If for some reason this can't be modified in this way, then I believe
> that the CMakeLists.txt at
> source/blender/imbuf/intern/openexr/CMakeLists.txt should be modified
> with the following snippet as in other cases throughout the code:
>
> IF(WITH_OPENEXR)
>   ADD_DEFINITIONS(-DWITH_OPENEXR)
> ENDIF(WITH_OPENEXR)

I've committed this to SVN since I also don't understand the reason
why the various compilation conditions were added to openexr_api.cpp.

> I would like to know if the CMake build system is actively maintained?
> Are there any docs with bugs or missing features related to the CMake
> build? What is the policy to update the minimum required version of
> CMake needed to compile blender?

I would say that it is actively maintained in the sense that
there are some developers who like using it and would like
to see it continue. Unfortunately, the developer who initiated
the CMake support vanished a couple of years ago, so there
isn't strong leadership in this area. As things are, changes
to the CMake system happen when either a committer sees a
problem that they can solve and fixes it (such as adding a
library dependency), or when non-committers such as yourself
submits a fix (thanks!).

As for updating the minimum required version needed, there
would need to be a compelling reason to do this -- is there
a newer feature in CMake that you need?

Cheers,
Chris