[Bf-committers] CUDA backend implementation for GSoC?

Daniel Genrich daniel.genrich at gmx.net
Fri Dec 12 01:11:29 CET 2008

Hello,

I just wanted to let you know that from I know is that the first GPU
language which will most likely be in blender is OpenCl.
The standard for it has been marked 1.0 last week. It will be
cross-gfx-card and not bound to only nvidia, intel or ati. It just fits
the blender philosophy of being cross plattform (also in terms of gfx
cards). gSoC projects regarding that field would be quit interesting
(not likely for gSoC 2009 IMHO) BUT before that a general map
how/if/where to include/use OpenCl has to be developed. :-)

Thank you
daniel