[Bf-committers] New composite node, full featured keyer.

Xavier Thomas xavier.thomas.1980 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 07:06:09 CET 2008

hi,

Your build do not run on my machine (complain baout openal but it is
installed)

I think for a maximum portablity you have to distribute all the "install"
directory and build with intern libraries of blender source. But there must
be more complications then that.

Further, I think most of possible reviewers are working on 2.50. If there is
not further 2.4x version comming I might be able to port the node to 2.5
before its release.

Also,  didn't get a lot of feedback about the interface but I was thinking
in separating the node in:
-one node for matte pulling
-merging my despill with the already existing one
-a Lift/Gamma/Gain + Hue/Saturation/Value color correction node
-a "lightmap" node for "spilling" the foregorund with "background light"
-a edge blending blur node

So we can do a greenscreen with around 6 nodes and without mixing the
noodles for changing parameters (or redundant parameters) whille keeping
flexibility.

But as I do not really know if my code is "good" and this will change
existing nodes of blender, maybe I will wait.

I will look into the color correction bug in the sequencer also, but this
will change the resulting render of previous file. Is this OK?

Thanks

xavier