[Bf-committers] Bundle Python 3.0 for Blender 2.5

Ken Hughes khughes at pacific.edu
Fri Dec 5 17:46:38 CET 2008

Martin Poirier wrote:
> 2.50 is not going to be released any time soon and you said switching to Py3K means very little changes internally, so no need to rush that decision (at least not until the design of the API is fixed)
I agree that we don't need a decision right away, but I think switching 
to Py3K might be the best idea precisely because it will be a while 
before 2.5 is released.  If we're talking about 6 or more months, I 
would expect most of the major problems to be worked out of Py3K by 
then.  Combine that with breaking compatibility now, and giving notice 
for script maintainers to change their scripts long in advance, and I 
think that would make this as painless as possible.


More information about the Bf-committers mailing list