[Bf-committers] Blender 2.5 api proposal.

Early Ehlinger earlye at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 18:27:58 CET 2008

My primary concerns are:

1) ease of integration into external systems.

Specifically:
a) ability to load a blender file.
b) ability to print to the console (I assume 2.5 will still be a console
process?)
c) ability to read environment variables.
d) ability to unpack a file
d) ability to start a render (including setting up regions, resolution,
choosing cameras and scenes, etc.)

2) ability to get progress messages from lengthy Blender processes on the
console.  See especially patch 6161 (thanks for prior feedback on that
Campbell!). I would ***really*** like to see this in the 2.5 series if it
won't make it in to the 2.4x series - if this is there, then I can start to
support daily builds of Blender as opposed to "just" the point releases, and
I can support builds much more quickly than currently (I only managed to get
2.48a support finished today).

https://projects.blender.org/tracker/?func=detail&aid=6161&group_id=9&atid=127

-- Early Ehlinger, President, ResPower, Inc.