[Bf-committers] Blender 2.5 api proposal

Geoffrey Bantle hairbat at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 1 07:32:23 CET 2008

Just my 2cents on this one,

As someone who relies on a lot of code written for the current API in a production environment I really think it's time to put it out to pasture. Too many things just don't work as expected and often-times script writers are put in the position of having to read the API source itself to figure out what exactly is going on since the docs cannot hope to give a clear view of things.

Worse yet the current API is fraught with problems that make it prone to crashing Blender and causing corruption of the internal database. It's time for a change and Campbell's proposal has my full support.

Cheers,
Geoffrey Bantle