[Bf-committers] Web Plugin :: Python Sandbox

Marcelo Coraça de Freitas mfreitas at ydeasolutions.com.br
Fri Aug 29 01:33:02 CEST 2008

Em Sex, 2008-08-29 às 09:21 +1000, Campbell Barton escreveu:

> Would be good to mail the python developers list to verify this is
> safe or we are not missing any functions, my other concern is scripts
> could fill the users memory by making a really large list for
> instance, not sure how that would mess with the plugin.

Not only scripts, but also even a pure .blend file without python
scripting could do that (for instance, adding some object over and over
again to the main scene - it's straightforward to do using only the game
logic and the memory goes by by - I've tested it).

I'm not sure, but I think it's possible to do using both Java Applets
and Flash's ActionScript.

Eve worse: you can do the exact same thing with JavaScript - and I
believe you can do in such a way the browser safeguards won't work.

Regards,

Ydea Desenvolvimento de Software LTDA.

Marcelo Coraça de Freitas
Gerente de TI

Ydea Desenvolvimento de Software LTDA.
Av. Adolfo Pinheiro, 2338 - Alto da Boa Vista
CEP.:04734-004 - São Paulo - SP
Tel.: 55-11-5523-0333