[Bf-committers] Web Plugin Status #2

Marcelo Coraça de Freitas mfreitas at ydeasolutions.com.br
Mon Aug 25 15:08:27 CEST 2008

Em Sáb, 2008-08-23 às 19:15 +0200, horace escreveu:
> maybe the game engine could move to use mono (which can run
> ironpython) in the longer term? www.unity3d.com and i think second
> life use mono as scripting engine. this would also have the advantage
> that game engine users could use c# and other .net languages for
> scripting if they want.
>
> i am no expert on all of this though so i will return to lurking mode
> again... :)

I don't know if moving the engine to a mono implementation is really a
good idea. There are some benefits, but AFAIK it'll run slower than the
native C/C++ code. I'm not a mono expert thought (maybe someone could
give us some insights on this).

IMHO pypy-c is the way to go for now. I'll have to play with it for a
while thought. Maybe supporting both, CPython and PyPy-C is better - I
think giving the user the choice of what python interpreter to use is
the best think to do.

Regards,

Ydea Desenvolvimento de Software LTDA.

Marcelo Coraça de Freitas
Gerente de TI

Ydea Desenvolvimento de Software LTDA.
Av. Adolfo Pinheiro, 2338 - Alto da Boa Vista
CEP.:04734-004 - São Paulo - SP
Tel.: 55-11-5523-0333