[Bf-committers] Web Plugin Status #2

Enrico Fracasso enrico.fracasso at email.it
Sat Aug 23 12:34:10 CEST 2008

On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 02:33, Marcelo Coraça de Freitas
<mfreitas at ydeasolutions.com.br> wrote:
> Some more comments.
>
> Em Sex, 2008-08-22 às 01:26 +0200, Enrico Fracasso escreveu:
>
>> Problems I've found:
>> * scripting isn't so easy (IPC between processes)
>
> It's not a real issue.

[CUT]

> I'd go for dbus in either way because it's already comming with almost
> every linux distribution and also because we can implement dbus
> scripting in our .blend files.
dbus is the best solution for me too; IMHO we have to think about
remote scripting as "a long term solution", where blender player can
be remote controlled by any running application (and not only by the
web plugin) and dbus should be perfect for this purpose (other
solutions can be using a pipe or message queues [msgget/msgsnd])

In a win32 environment, I think that ActiveX technology can fit the
task (IMHO it's better to use a native implementation).

> I think it's the best approach for all platforms, including for IE
> plugin. The ActiveX plugin itself would be only a wrapper to fork the
> procces and scripting.
yes, it's the best approach to me too

Bye

--