[Bf-committers] Web Plugin Status #2

Marcelo Coraça de Freitas mfreitas at ydeasolutions.com.br
Thu Aug 21 22:35:06 CEST 2008

Hello all,

	The Web plugin for netscape is working now. :)

	I only tested it under gentoo linux with mozilla firefox and there are
some issues.

		1. There can be only one instance of the plugin.
		2. It's very slow.
		3. No shaders.
		4. A random "Xlib: unexpected async reply" error occurs.

	#1 will require not only plugin changes but also Ketsji modifications
as there are some global variables being used in the code unless we fork
the plugin instance.
	I believe #2 and #3 are related - once I got one fixed the other fix
will come with it.
	I don't know about #4 yet. It gotta be some part of the plugin that's
running outside the lock. I believe it can be fixed as soon as we
isolate the problem.

	Most probably we'll be able to fix all those bugs forking the plugin
instance. But that will require a major refactoring of the plugin code.
This will be schedule for later work - only after we got the svn branch
or something.

	Any tips will be rightly appreciated.

	I'll submit a patch to the bug tracking ASAP.

Regards,