[Bf-committers] 2.47 showstopper bug in the BGE.

Thomas Dinges dingto at gmx.de
Sat Aug 16 17:45:55 CEST 2008

Diego Hernan Borghetti schrieb:
> Hello all:
> If this bug can be avoid and have a limited impact, it's really a
> showstopper ?
>
> Don't misunderstand me, I don't have problem to merge this fix and ask
> to the platform that rerebuild again, but my point is that we always go
> to have bugs, we can't fix all and if we start to postpone the release
> for every bug we never go to release anything.
>
> And for the other side, if we go to have more of this problem, it's not
> better release now and wait a couple of week and make a 2.47a ?
>
> Please, this is only my opinion, so I want know what the rest think.

Hello all,
the 2.47 release is mainly a bug-fix release. just a few improvements in
other categories.
When I look at the release notes in the wiki, i see that you have fixed
much bugs.
So my oppinion: make the 2.47 release now and if there are really big
bugs make a 2.47a in 2-3 weeks.
I think it's more important to have the 2.47 release now with all the
fixes in particle system and animation system which are interesting for
a very large group of people instead of fixing little bugs who are just
interesting for a hand of people. Please dont misunderstand me.
Nothing in Blender is unimportant, the GE is very good and got better
the last weeks with the Apricot project. But it isnt a real showstopper
in my eyes.

So all in all: Do the 2.47 now, and make a 2.47a release if you'll see
the need of such a release in a few weeks. We really should start with
2.50 instead of fixing all bugs in the 2.4x series.

Greetings Thomas