[Bf-committers] Blender3D Web Plugin :: Mozilla vs X11 / GHOST_WindowX11?

Marcelo Coraça de Freitas mfreitas at ydeasolutions.com.br
Fri Aug 15 21:22:56 CEST 2008

Hello,

    I think I've got it all figured out by now but I'd like to confirm
before I get my hands dirty.

    For what I understood all I got to do is creating another class
based on GHOST_WindowX11 that, instead of creating a new X11 window
connects to another already existing window. The Window's ID will be
passed through a parameter in a fork operation (that's required or
Mozilla will act crazy and we go to hell).

    I'll then create another standalone player (just like GPG_ghost.cpp)
that uses this new class with some specific parameters for embedding in
a existing X window/socket.

    I have two doubts in here:
        1. am I in the right path? I have strong feeling that I am but
it will require a lot of work to confirm that on my own.
        2. where should I put the new classes I create (that could be
reused in other plugins - maybe even an OpenOffice plugin :D).

Regards,

Marcelo Coraça de Freitas
Pesquisa e Desenvolvimento de Softwares

Ydea Desenvolvimento de Software LTDA.
Av. Adolfo Pinheiro, 2338 - Alto da Boa Vista
CEP.:04734-004 - São Paulo - SP
Tel.: 55-11-5523-0333
Cel.: 55-11-8685-1429