[Bf-committers] Blender Web Plugin :: Current Status

Marcelo Coraça de Freitas mfreitas at ydeasolutions.com.br
Fri Aug 15 18:13:16 CEST 2008

Nathan,

On Sex, 2008-08-15 at 16:14 +0300, Nathan Letwory wrote:

> It'd be great if you could use Blenders interface code to do that. I
> don't feel too happy about GTK as an added dependency. I'm not sure
> about how the property window looks like, could you give more info?
> (Perhaps screenshots of property windows of existing plugins).

This is a preferences dialog, like output quality, shadowing options and
so. I have to study the engine better before I can do something like
this.

> For now, lets go with the first way - we can always decide to do it
> otherwise. Just make sure you have some good defaults (ie. in case of
> Quicktime SDK, we have lib/windows/QTDevWin as the default path in
> scons. perhaps lib/windows/Gecko can be a good default for this.

Well, it's not really a windows dependent code so I don't know where to
put it. There are sobe compiled files as well, but I'm not sure if
duplicating the headers is a good idea.

Other doubt I have is how to allow the user to switch from our default
to his system wide installation.

> On the other points I can't comment yet (too little knowledge), but I
> must say I'm very happy to see renewed effort in this part of the
> code.

:)

I hope you all get happy with the final result!

Marcelo Coraça de Freitas
Pesquisa e Desenvolvimento de Softwares

Ydea Desenvolvimento de Software LTDA.
Av. Adolfo Pinheiro, 2338 - Alto da Boa Vista
CEP.:04734-004 - São Paulo - SP
Tel.: 55-11-5523-0333
Cel.: 55-11-8685-1429