[Bf-committers] Apricot and Node Materials

Carsten Wartmann cw at blenderbuch.de
Thu Aug 14 16:52:38 CEST 2008

Hi,

I was just experimenting with the Node-Materials in the Arpricot branch.
Very nice!

However, I found a thing which I think would be nice.

I was going over some old gamekit game from me (super-g, a ski-racer
demo). I used with apricot multi-texture materials with stencil to mix
textures (snow and rock). After I magaged this I thought: why not use
material mixing, so that also the physical properties mix (in this case
friction of course)?

For the 3dview I set up the nodes quite quickly, however, in the
gameengine it does not work. Maybe I made a mistake? Maybe a bug or not
implemented?

Of course also the mixing of physical properties did not work then.

So what do you think: Would this be nice? I think so. Racer and jump&run
would benefit from that!

Beside that I did try to use multi-materials on a single mesh which also
does not work, thats a bug I think.

See this file: http://blenderbuch.de/tmp/SplatDynTest.blend

Cheers,
Carsten