[Bf-committers] GamePlayer ==> Web Plugin

Nathan Letwory jesterking at letwory.net
Fri Aug 8 13:17:47 CEST 2008

On Fri, Aug 8, 2008 at 12:04 AM, Marcelo Coraça de Freitas <
mfreitas at ydeasolutions.com.br> wrote:

>  Got it
>

> The problem is I wasn't compiling blender with WITH_BF_GAMEENGINE=true
> option. The blenderplayer it generate is completely different.
>
> Why is the blenderplayer executable generated even without the game engine
> compiled in? Shouldn't the user receive a warning or something? And what is
> that executable?

You're correct that this part of the scons building system could use some
improvement, or just make sure that with WITH_BF_PLAYER=1 WITH_BF_GAMEENGINE
gets set to true automatically (the better idea).

The executable is essentially blender, but without the unnecessary parts
(editors, etc). You should be able to run a game .blend by giving it to the
blenderplayer on the command-line. (And the saved game runtimes is nothing
more than the .blend concatenated to the blenderplayer executable, with some
magic to have it use the concatenated .blend as input).

Of course, the blenderplayer (and any saved game runtime) still needs the
.dlls Blender needs too.

/Nathan