[Bf-committers] [Bf-blender-cvs] SVN commit: /data/svn/bf-blender [16008] trunk/blender/config/linux2-config .py: Disable redcode (the file format of RED one, R3D) by default.

Martin Poirier theeth at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 7 21:25:14 CEST 2008

--- On Thu, 8/7/08, Ken Hughes <khughes at pacific.edu> wrote:

> Martin asked on IRC why I disabled this by default.  The
> reason is it
> seems this issue comes up very frequently on IRC or on
> other web forums;
> when the link stage is reached there are numerous undefined
> references.
> Martin suggests that running "scons clean" will
> fix the problem.

Follow up from IRC:
scons clean did indeed fix the problem in this case, but there are other issues.

> My opinion is that if this is only supported in Linux, and
> under scons,
> why make enabled by default?

Also, according to Genscher, libopenjpeg doesn't compile with ICC (problems with intrinsics).

That's less of an issue IMHO, but build engines other than scons should definitely be fixed though, that's for sure.

Could platform/build maintainers comment on this issue?

Martin