[Bf-committers] Blender Web Plugin :: First Thoughts

Carsten Wartmann cw at blenderbuch.de
Wed Aug 6 19:14:44 CEST 2008

Marcelo Coraça de Freitas wrote:
>     I don't know a thing about Safari and HTML Kit, but I think as
> Konqueror can use Mozilla's plugins they should be compatible (maybe the
> exact same code.. but compiled for different OSes).

Some years ago one developer told me that he tried(?) to do a Quicktime
Plugin (maybe thats not the right word, maybe extension). So that would
also give nice platform-compatibility. Not sure if this is (still) possible.

About Active-X: We really used it inside Powerpoint to visualize some
realtime data ;-)

>     Being a Linux user I should start with the Firefox plugin. This will
> give us a multi platform plugin right away and then we can focus on IE.

Beside the ActiveX thing (which can also lead to more problems, like who
signs the activex etc.) I think Firefox/Mozilla is a great start.

Carsten