[Bf-committers] WITH_BF_GLEXT

Stefan Gartner stefang at aon.at
Wed Apr 30 04:33:35 CEST 2008

On Wednesday, 30. April 2008, Brecht Van Lommel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I understand the glext.h problems, and know that simply adding it back will
> of course not solve them. This is why I'm proposing to use GLEW, so that we
> can a) always have all options compiled in and b) check for them at
> runtime, since this library provides all the platform dependent code and a
> simple way to check on the availability of the extensionss at runtime.
>
> In the meantime for this release, the old glext.h can be used by platform
> maintainers, if it makes the extensions work on that platform without
> crashing blender.
>
> Brecht.

Kester Maddock has been using GLEW for the game engine in tuhopuu2. Granted,
the code is quite old and probably unusable by now, but it might help.

greetings,
stefan

PS: digging through those old commit messages I also noticed that Kester was
the guy who worked on stereo support in either tuhupuu2 or tuhopuu3. Somebody
recently asked for that feature, so I though I'd share my findings.