[Bf-committers] WITH_BF_GLEXT

Jean-Luc Peurière jlp at nerim.net
Tue Apr 29 18:26:19 CEST 2008

Le 29 avr. 08 à 16:44, Brecht Van Lommel a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> I think it is not a good idea to rely on the platform glext.h
> (should have commented on this earlier but overlooked the
> discussion). The build shouldn't be limited to the OpenGL version
> of the computer that is was built on. Windows comes with version
> 1.1 by default for example. And extensions checks should not be
> done with #ifdef's anyway, but with runtime checks only ..
>
> It would be better to use something like GLEW. I'd prefer
> everything to use GLEW, and I've committed it in the apricot branch
> and will investigate how to use it for the game engine, though it's
> too big a change to do before the release now. Regardless, I think
> the current situation is not good and should be improved maybe
> after the release, but I think it's still important to get release
> builds with extensions enabled.

I completly agree. If possible, it should even be done at ghost
level, so that blender, GE, or even python have an unified API to
check attribs.
I dont know how you did it in apricot ?

I committed a temporary compat file to get mac builds working again,
but this is not a long term solution

btw, in the graphic demos of the GE in test suite, I have 2 file not
working (sebulba and girl demo). I remember the same thing in 2.44,
and that there was a very simple fix. Problem, i dont remember what
it was. Any idea ?

--
Jean-Luc Peurière
jlp at nerim.net