[Bf-committers] Change the default render window position

Matt Ebb matt at mke3.net
Thu Apr 24 04:35:04 CEST 2008

On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 12:15 PM, Yves Poissant <ypoissant2 at videotron.ca> wrote:
> > Just use the render window location buttons to make it appear where ever
>  > you
>  > want on screen (called "Render Location button grid" in the wiki)
>  What about if the user changes the render window location by draging it
>  somewhere else, just save the last location and use that as the new default
>  until the user changes it again?

My plan has been for 2.5 to make the 'image editor' render display the
default option (I've been using it here for ages). It removes the need
for another overlapping window, keeping things nicely within the
Blender window manager, it has a lot more functionality like curves
colour correction and showing the various render layers and passes,
and it's a lot more usable since the functionality is right there
accessible in buttons and menus - i.e. the much more obvious
image->save command should prevent all those screenshotted render
windows you see from new users on the forums.

Matt