[Bf-committers] exit in blender

Gustav Göransson gustav.goransson at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 16:37:44 CEST 2008

Isn't that pretty much what the quit.blend does now? And have blender
erase auto-save files when the user saves is a bad idea. There are
times when make changes that you don't want to save (ex. apply
modfiers, multires) but save anyway by mistake. In those cases it's
good to be able to go back previous, auto-saved versions.

As matt said, artist can work hours without closing blender and saving
a second of that time not answering a pop-up isn't much of a benefit.
Restoring quit.blend (browse, check that it's the right file, move and
renaming the file) can take minutes, so if quit blender by mistake
alot a  pop-up could actually be faster in the long run...

I don't see the problem with adding a pop-up feature and make it
optional, especially if there's already a patch for it?