[Bf-committers] Google Summer of Code 2008 projects announced!

Chris Want cwant at ualberta.ca
Mon Apr 21 23:36:43 CEST 2008

Hi all,

Google has just announced the successful projects
for the 2008 incarnation of Summer of Code.
We received six projects this year that you can
read about here:

http://code.google.com/soc/2008/blender/about.html

I would like to thank all the students who applied
this year -- the quality of proposals was very high,
making the selection process particularly difficult.

Thanks also to Kent, Brecht, Jean-Luc, Geoff, Daniel,
and Campbell for agreeing to mentor the projects, and
thanks to Ken, Matt, Ton, Nathan and Martin for helping
with the evaluation process. And of course, a big
thanks to Google!

So, congratulations to Davide, Nicholas, Maxime,
Dhanannjay, André and Ian! I'll subscribe you all to
a mailing list soon so that we can start planning for
your projects.

SoC officially starts on May 26, and it's going to
be a great Summer of Code!

Best regards,
Chris