[Bf-committers] Volumetrics Update

echelon at infomail.upr.edu.cu echelon at infomail.upr.edu.cu
Mon Apr 21 18:51:21 CEST 2008

Hi all!

This weekend I implement , thanks to GSM, an interleave method for
reducing banding effects on very tiny volumetrics surfaces

I make a 16x16,32x32 lookup table and also took some time to code a fully
random sampling rate (grainy effect)
I also implement a raysplit algorithm to overcome ray divergence in
perspective rendering

(Since volumetrics are well integrated with glossy reflections/refractions
the supersampling algorithm are easily derived from there so I dont have
to implement it)

 Im also fix some Nodes mapping integration

I have a question now for further advance in integration:

       How, could i determine the entry and leaving point of a ray in any
object in blender? (Note that the same object could have holes,I
heed the method to find the ray distance within each transition of
the same object) may be this is a dumb question but i get confused
with the render code. isec.start and isec.end will work on a single
object scene, but on a multi object scene no, if someone could
explaim me better the interiorities of the render design i could
progress much faster

btw: I upload new tests to my site:
   http://farsthary.wordpress.com