[Bf-committers] exit in blender

Claudio "malefico" Andaur malefico at manosdigitales.com
Sat Apr 19 23:45:08 CEST 2008

Hi guys,

At "Plumiferos" we dealed with this problem in infinite occasions, even
though most of us were experienced users, sometimes we worked with two,
three and even four blender sessions at once, In those cases it's fairly
easy to shutdown without having saved something.

What we did was:

1- Add a confirmation ON FILE LOAD (if you have unsaved changes) This was
optional since many animators complained.

2- Add a confirmation on EXIT, IF THERE WERE CHANGES or pushes in UNDO
Stack. Other wise Blender quits right away without even the current
"Quit?" prompt.

3- Add a custom .backup folder were copies of the current file were saved
every Autosave time.

4- Add a "Clean Backup" option so, this folder is emptied whenever you
wanted (not automatically done).

With all these together, it was really hard to loose something...

All these are available as patches, ask Diego Borghetti (bdiego) if want
to check them out. They're also available in Plumiblender at
graphicall.org.

Best regards

Claudio "malefico" Andaur

Character Technical Director