[Bf-committers] exit in blender

GSR gsr.b3d at infernal-iceberg.com
Sat Apr 19 20:18:52 CEST 2008

Hi,
ideasman42 at gmail.com (2008-04-19 at 0429.52 +0200):
> quit.blend is a weak solution to me,
> * editmode changes are not saved

I tried manual save while on edit mode and it went fine so it must be
a small thing to change (of course, it loaded back as object mode, and
IIRC time ago edit changes were indeed discarded).

> * it isnt created if users dont have write permissions to the temp dir
> (apparently this happens on some windows setups)
> linked library data.

* it is not very nice in multiuser systems.
* it has a security bug.

But I was just pointing what is the current state and the steps users
can take. OTOH probably I should had mention that this is not the user
support list and that if it was some kind of request, it is better
somewhere else, where it can be studied with more depth, etc.

GSR