[Bf-committers] Blender Command Port

GSR gsr.b3d at infernal-iceberg.com
Mon Apr 14 19:03:43 CEST 2008

Hi,
diresu at web.de (2008-04-13 at 1447.00 +0900):
> > >   - remove the --geometry NNNxNNN+NNN+NNN option I added?

Please split features for easier tracking. The change, per se, has
merits: standard syntax and flexibility if using the X11 style (size
or position, size and position, ++ for referencing top left corner, --
for bottom right, etc).

> > > As currently everybody is busy with the new release, I probably
> > > better commit a new version of my command port patch when Blender
> > > 2.26 is out, right?
> >
> > After numerous tracker comments and a long mail list thread, I am
> > happy to see we finally have an understanding.
>
> So am I :)
>
> > After the 2.46 release, we intend for Blender to have a new event
> > handling system.
>
> That sounds like good news :)

Nice thing to see you keep on with the port idea, it will allow all
new kind of uses that are not even imagined now. There are other apps
which provide such system, under diverse names (shell, client, remote
pipe...), and all become more flexible and useful with such option. I
see someone mentions render farms, it could allow to control frame per
frame without having to restart Blender and reload data. Or create a
headless exporter and conversion tool (at worst, one would need Xvfb).

GSR