[Bf-committers] Blender Command Port

Stephen Swaney sswaney at centurytel.net
Sun Apr 13 15:36:10 CEST 2008

I replied to this once, but it never made it to the list
because the Reply-To field says diresu at web.de
rather than the list address.  Tsk.

----- Forwarded message from Stephen Swaney <sswaney at centurytel.net> -----

Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2008 02:59:59 -0400
From: Stephen Swaney <sswaney at centurytel.net>
To: Dietrich Bollmann <diresu at web.de>
Subject: Re: Blender Command Port

On Sun, Apr 13, 2008 at 02:47:00PM +0900, Dietrich Bollmann wrote:

> On Sat, 2008-04-12 at 13:00 -0400, Stephen Swaney wrote:
> > This is certainly a useful feature, but personally, I'm not sure if
> > further work on this patch as it stands is worth the effort at this
> > point.
>
> Probably this is because you personally think about Blender as an
> interactive GUI based tool for animation artists and do not understand
> why somebody would wish to use Blender as a server anyway?

No.  This is simply about the economics of spending time to get this
patch - something you say you did not intend to publish - in shape to
be included in 2.46 when it will have to be rewritten to fit in with
the new event system.  Don't read anything else into it.

----- End forwarded message -----

--
Stephen Swaney
sswaney at centurytel.net