[Bf-committers] Blender Command Port

Herman Bruyninckx Herman.Bruyninckx at mech.kuleuven.be
Sun Apr 13 10:51:51 CEST 2008

On Sun, 13 Apr 2008, Dietrich Bollmann wrote:

[...]
>> This is certainly a useful feature, but personally, I'm not sure if
>> further work on this patch as it stands is worth the effort at this
>> point.
>
> Probably this is because you personally think about Blender as an
> interactive GUI based tool for animation artists and do not understand
> why somebody would wish to use Blender as a server anyway?
>
> I personally think the Blender server mode is a __VERY__ useful
> feature.  Please ask also other people and think about their way of
> using blender - for example Stani's way to use Blender from SPE!

This server mode is also extremely useful in our robotics projects: we use
Blender more and more as a 'realtime' visualiser of what is going on in our
robots. And I see Blender able to become a major component in an open
source alternative to Microsoft Robotics Studion...

So, please keep on investing in a better command interface to Blender :-)

Herman

--
   K.U.Leuven, Mechanical Eng., Mechatronics & Robotics Research Group
     <http://people.mech.kuleuven.be/~bruyninc> Tel: +32 16 322480