[Bf-committers] Patch #8034 still not committed

Stephen Swaney sswaney at centurytel.net
Thu Apr 10 18:11:13 CEST 2008

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 05:55:06PM +0200, markus.ilmola at pp.inet.fi wrote:
> Looking at the patch tracker it seems that my patch #8034 is still not
> committed
> to the svn. The reason seems to be that the new macro "MA_HALO_SOFT" has the
> same
> value as existing macro "MA_RADIO". So what value should it have? Is there
> even
> any free values left? I would like to point out that some other existing
> macros
> have overlapping value too: "MA_HALOPUNO" and "MA_ONLYCAST" have the same
> value
> 0x2000 and "MA_NOMIST" and "MA_HALO_SHADE" have the same value 0x4000.

Did you read the comments?

  a) Could you fix the errors reported from Rob?
  b) There is something else in the patch - like user-config.py.
    Please only include changes in the patch (you can easily cut
    it out the patch by hand) ;)
  c) I wonder about the changes in DNA_material_types.h: MA_HALO_SOFT
     has the same number defined as MA_RADIO.
     #define MA_RADIO	0x10000
     +#define MA_HALO_SOFT	0x10000

Looking at the patch there are a number of places that look like this:

-		}
+		//}

This patch is not ready to be commited.

--