[Bf-committers] call for test build 2

Ken Hughes khughes at pacific.edu
Fri Apr 4 19:26:00 CEST 2008

Tom M wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> after Ton commits the updated splash we are ready for test build 2,

BTW, confirmed what I suspected might be an issue with linux test
builds.  In order to use OpenMP, I had to install debian lenny (their
next "test release") which uses gcc 4.2.  In the process, it also
upgraded glibc from version 2.3.6 to 2.7.  Now I'm not sure without
looking whether gcc 4.2 requires glibc 2.7, but in any case the test
builds will not work unless the system has it installed.

I'm going to be busy the rest of the day, but can someone confirm for me
whether or not gcc 4.2 does depend on glibc 2.7?  If not then I'll look
into uninstalling 2.7.

Ken