[Bf-committers] Nodes GSOC project

Tyler Fric tfric at learnkanji.ca
Fri Apr 4 01:13:22 CEST 2008

Hi GSR, Thanks for the response, that certainly clarifies things.

You mention "next generation nodes." Is someone already working on those
features? I have read over the recent meeting minutes and didn't see any
mention of anyone working on nodes. If not I will add your suggestions
to my GSOC proposal. They sound like a much higher priority than some of
the other features I was considering. The tagging functionality in
particular should be fairly easy to implement and very useful from a
usability stand point. I would prefer to see both tagging and "not
caring" implemented so that a user could intentionally mismatch plugs
but be notified that they are mismatching. This would allow for the
VBlur with RGB speed trick you mentioned. Or is this what you meant by
retagging?

TF

On Thu, 2008-04-03 at 22:50 +0200, bf-committers-request at blender.org