[Bf-committers] scons issues with new ffmpeg package

olivS olivier.saraja at free.fr
Sun Sep 30 11:13:50 CEST 2007

Le Jeudi 27 Septembre 2007 09:10, Peter Schlaile a écrit :
> ... are fixed now :-)
>
> Seriously: I added scons support for the ffmpeg libraries bundled with
> blender. (I even learned Python for that purpose... funny language,
> indeed.)
>
> Should work out of the box for most users.
>
> If you use the same build-tree for different platforms, you will currently
> get in trouble, if you don't remove "config.mak" in extern/ffmpeg between
> builds. (SConstruct outputs a notice on the console during build though)
>
> I can simply run "./configure" on each scons-run, but that takes always
> some time... Suggestions still welcome. (Sadly, you have to run configure
> within the source tree. It expects to be run there...)
>
> Setting BF_FFMPEG_LIB to something different then the empty string will
> disable the building of the internal libs. (Otherwise, both would get
> linked in... :)
>
> Otherwise: enjoy!

It worked perfectly for me, too:

Kubuntu 6.06 LTS, gcc 4.0.3

with the user-config.py proposed by bdiego:
WITH_BF_FFMPEG = 'true'
BF_FFMPEG = "#extern/ffmpeg"
BF_FFMPEG_INC = '${BF_FFMPEG}/include'
BF_FFMPEG_LIBPATH = '${BF_FFMPEG}/lib'
BF_FFMPEG_LIB = ''

PS: I renamed config.mak to config.mak.old, so I didn't went through a
full ./configure myself

Cheers,
--
Olivier