[Bf-committers] documentation

Alberto Torres kungfoobar at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 03:59:38 CEST 2007

There are several errors in the example of Ipo doc:

       ob = Ipo.Get('ObIpo')          # retrieves an Ipo object
       ob.name = 'ipo1'                                 # change the Ipo's name
       icu = ipo[Ipo.OB_LOCX]         # request X Location Ipo curve object
       if icu != None and len(icu.bezierPoints) > 0: # if curve exists
and has BezTriple points
                val = icu[2.5]              # get the curve's value at time 2.5
                icu[Ipo.OB_LOCX] = None     # delete the ipo curve

First it's named ob, later it's ipo. the last line should be ipo[] (or
ob[]) and not icu[].

Also, the verbatim example code crashes blender!!

Besides that, I want to ask: how the hell can I create a shape key
IpoCurve?? I had success for other Ipo channels, but not for mesh
keys, and I tried hard. Is that feature missing?
This works:
Ipo.Get('ObIpo')[Ipo.OB_LOCX] = (0,0)
But this does not (block exists but curve still not):
Ipo.Get('KeyIpo')['Key 1'] = (0,0)

PS: I noted blender 2.45 says "creation or deletion of Shape Keys not supported"
Should I file a bug report? creation or deletion of Shape Keys IS
supported, but not its IpoCurves

Best regards

2007/9/26, Campbell Barton <cbarton at metavr.com>:
> Here are the 2.45 HTML docs zipped