[Bf-committers] windows install package - incorrect error message

Simon Clitherow aphex at nildram.co.uk
Mon Sep 24 17:26:36 CEST 2007

Hi Tom,

Blender requires two dlls to run on Windows - msvcr80.dll and
msvcr71.dll (for python).

Did you get that message when installing or are you reading it from
somewhere?  The redist package is needed for msvcr80.dll and the python
install for msvcr71.dll.

The current installer would give you two messages if both dlls aren't
present on the system.

Cheers,

Simon