[Bf-committers] Are these features implemented?

Rodrigo Hernandez kwizatz at aeongames.com
Fri Sep 14 23:47:56 CEST 2007

Hi,

I was wondering if the following functions exist, I searched for any
info on the web but couldn't find much,
I know this may be the wrong place to ask, but it seems its probably the
place were people may give me a
definitive answer, plus, if the functions don't exist, they should be
easy enough for me to implement and contribute.

So, is there:

An Apply translation function that does the same apply rotation scale
does but with the translation part of the
object matrix, leaving the local origin at the world origin as well as
leaving the mesh/armature/etc in the same place,
unlike "clear origin" which places the local origin at the world origin
but not applying transformations to the data.

A Normalize weights function for meshes, normalization of weights must
be done somewhere in the code
since you can set 2 bones weight over a vertex to be 1.0, yet the vertex
deforms correctly as if the weights
where 0.5 and 0.5 but there seems to be no way to actually normalize the
weights so they show up with the
correct value when accessing in Python with Mesh.Mesh.getVertexInfluences

A bake weights function for envelopes, this one probably exists, I just
thought it would be nice, and maybe I just don't
know the proper name, basically means to generate vertex groups for bone
deformation based on the influences created
by envelopes as a starting point for manual weight paining.

Also, I was wondering what the final saying was about my geodesic
primitive patch, any chance of it being added before 2.46?

http://projects.blender.org/tracker/?func=detail&aid=7093&group_id=9&atid=127

Cheers!