[Bf-committers] [BF-Committers] Duplicate Explicit Instantiations

Kent Mein mein at cs.umn.edu
Tue Sep 11 20:57:31 CEST 2007

Ok I'm not a c++ expert haven't touched it for at least 12 years other
than fixing little issues in blenders game engine.

I believe the issue is something like this:
in the elbeem dir we have this:
intern/solver_interface.h:template<class Scalar> class ntlMatrix4x4;
intern/particletracer.h:template<class Scalar> class ntlMatrix4x4;
intern/attributes.h:template<class T> class ntlMatrix4x4;

And we have the actual template in
intern/ntl_matrices.h

I'm pretty sure we need to rework it so that we do not have the entries in
those other three headers...
It looks like on some systems you can prefix it with
extern template<class Scalar> class ntlMatrix4x4;

You could try that but I don't think its going to work...

Any c++ wiz's that want to take a shot at fixing this, and or just telling
me I'm full of crap? ;)

Kent