[Bf-committers] hello all

Christopher Bellow cbellow at windstream.net
Tue Sep 11 14:59:27 CEST 2007

I am interested in getting involved with blender. I am new to python, but I have a lot of experience in C type languages (C, C++, C#).  I am familiar with SVN, we use it exclusively at my work.  I wanted to get into the graphics/game programming industry and learn a bit. To start off, I tried using the latest DirectX SDK from microsoft and I got my application started. Instead of populating the vertices programmically, I wanted to use a tool, and blender seemed a good fit. However, the DirectX exporter didn't work (I'm using the 2.44 version). I tried a third party exporter, and it was able to load, but it turned my subsurfed surface into a plain box. And with the spirit of it being open source, I wanted to see about how I can help since I am able to use your tool. So if it hasn't been done already, I might start at the DirectX exporter script (which should get me into python a bit I hope.)  In the meantime, feel free to share a little bit about blender and its proposed goals. Maybe I can help do bug fixes for a bit til I get familiar with the framework.

Thanks,

Christopher Bellow
Software Engineer
QSR Automations