[Bf-committers] Doing a 2.46 release - particles; SOC; and, CVS

Joe Eagar joeedh at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 21:51:05 CEST 2007

Bob Holcomb wrote:
> I think that the sound system my SOC student developed would be a good
> candidate for a 2.46 release.  It needs some work integrating into the
> different build systems, and minor fixes (I don't like how it looks up
> which system to load a given file), and testing on platforms other than
> windows and linux.  I'll be happy to help with this, as is the student,
> who is still working on it a bit.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Bob

Maybe this could coincide with a special release including some of the peach features that
 are ready(such as jahka's particles) in, oh november or so.

And I'm still working on DSM! At the moment I'm resolving some memory issues by
implementing simple bucketing (I just couldn't get around not doing that :/ ).  Once that
that all works more bugfixing will be done, and I'll start doing some code cleanup.  For integration into trunk I suppose the bucketing should be extended for normal render too,
DSM should use the tile manager (for threading), and whatever else I can think of.

Theres still the question of what I do after DSM; I'm thinking of doing DSM soft shadows, refactoring the image API to use the cache system, and refactoring the compositor to also use it; I'm just not sure which order would be the best for the peach project.  Though I suppose I can ask that question once DSM actually *is* done.

Joe