[Bf-committers] OpenGL accelerated Nodes

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Sun Sep 9 14:27:31 CEST 2007

Hi,

mindrones wrote:
> Are you going to use multi-processor/multi-core macs?
> I can read here
> http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Release_Notes/Notes242/NodeMaterials
> that the nodes tree execution is multithreaded but the single nodes seem to be
> monothreaded. I've tried a single blur node on an 4K render and "top" shows
> it's one thread (on a dualcore)
>
> Also, have you decided to move to the 64bit release, with more than 4GB (3.3)
> of memory?

For Peach we will use multiple cores, and running Linux 64 bit. I
can't remember the memory specs we decided on, they are also different
for e.g. animation and compositing computers.

About multithreading single nodes, tile based compositing is mentioned
on the development page. If we add it, I think multithreading single
nodes will follow from that.

Cheers,
Brecht.