[Bf-committers] Peach developer wishlist

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Sat Sep 8 07:03:32 CEST 2007

Campbell Barton wrote:
> On a similar note, is editing UV's in editmode a planned feature (along
> with textures in editmode)?
>
> This could make it possible to remove UV/Face mode altogether, though
> we'd need to intergrate the UV tools in editmode. though selecting faces
> is useful when mixed with weightpaint mode, maybe WP and vertex paint
> could select faces without it being linked to Face/UV mode...
> removing Face-Select mode is longer term anyway.
>
> Brecht, if your not interested Id like to have a look at adding this.

It is not planned as a feature, but I remember the mode mess coming up
at some point during the workshop. I think it's certainly something
that should be done eventually anyway. If you want to do it that's
great, then I can scratch that of my personal todo list :).

Two things to think about are:
- The active face: just draw it in textured drawmode in editmode?
- If editing the "Texture face" options is done in editmode, it should
also be possible to see result of that, but right now textured
drawmode in editmode draws with solid lighting. Which is an option
that imo should be kept as well, since it is also available in
UV/Faceselect mode in solid drawmode now. I'm not sure how best to do
that, maybe abuse shaded drawmode for it?

Brecht.