[Bf-committers] Peach developer wishlist

Joe Eagar joeedh at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 01:06:04 CEST 2007

Afredo, I think the idea is for your renderer to basically act as a
zbufferer, probably with some simple built-in displacement shaders (one
for bump mapping and one for true displacement mapping I imagine, or
something like that) and support for processing subsurfs/nurbs
correctly.  So it might be worth it to work with brecht and ton on a
intermediary API for a zbuffer system that won't consume massive amounts
of RAM for things like hair.

A true renderman renderer we have the render API for; what peach needs
is an addition to the internal renderer, I think.

Joe