[Bf-committers] Peach developer wishlist

Alfredo de Greef eeshlo at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 7 21:24:15 CEST 2007

So I guess the peach team has given up hope to ever
see the micropolygon renderer? Not that it is no way
near a full solution to their problems of course. But
I haven't heard from anyone so I thought I could
stretch my time a bit more, I probably shouldn't have
done that I guess...
Of course, that I haven't shown myself ever since the
announcement probably didn't help either.

In any case, if it still has a chance, one of the
things I just *had* to try to get working was the
shader compiler, which, at least in its current form
is probably even almost totally useless to Blender.
Anyway, that is sort of working now, but this means I
still have to tie up a few loose ends and do the
general clean up, then I can commit.

(btw, about the HDR aliasing problem, as I mentioned
to broken some time ago, the way I dealt with that in
yafray is simply by clamping/tone mapping *before*
anti-aliasing, not afterwards. Of course, as broken
then remarked, I forgot about the compositor. If the
compositor had full access to all samples that would
solve that problem, but the data would then probably
be quite unmanagable, at least in its current form)

Alfredo