[Bf-committers] CR / CRLF in sources

Vladimír Marek vlmarek at volny.cz
Wed Sep 5 12:09:15 CEST 2007

Hi,

I just noticed that we have different CR / CRLF in sources. Moot is CR,
theese are CRLF:

source/blender/imbuf/IMB_thumbs.h
source/blender/imbuf/intern/IMB_imginfo.h
source/blender/imbuf/intern/imginfo.c
source/blender/imbuf/intern/md5.c
source/blender/imbuf/intern/md5.h
source/blender/imbuf/intern/thumbs.c
source/blender/include/BIF_filelist.h
source/blender/src/filelist.c
source/blender/src/fsmenu.c
source/blender/src/prvicons.c

This one is mixed:
source/blender/nodes/intern/CMP_nodes/CMP_invert.c

This gives me slight problems with SunCC. Normally CC can do both,
but apparently if there is multiline #define (like md5.c) CRLF confuses
him.

Now there are several ways to 'fix' it.

* Have all files CR only. I would prefer personally this option, but
others just may not care. (in vim just open the file, :set ff=unix<CR>
:wq<CR>)

* Use svn:eol-style properties in my local repository. That will work
fine for me, but others using SunCC will have to set the properties
manually. (Those are local properties not propagated to the server)

* Fix SunCC. I'm going to ask maintainers, but I feel that this won't be
easy way.

Any thoughts ?

Thanks

--