[Bf-committers] How can we contribute!!!

Tom M letterrip at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 23:19:51 CET 2007

> We were wondering about what sort of programming knowledge and skill set
> required to contribute to your work
> in form of plug-ins, automating or scripting.

For scripting and automating you need to learn python which if you
have any prior programming experience is trivial to learn.  For
plugins - depends on what you want to write a plugin for - ie if you
want to add a tool via a 'python plugin' or if you want to add an
additional sequencer plugin.  Or you can add additional functionality
directly to Blender via C coding (there are some areas that use C++
but the majority of the code is in C).  Sequencer and Texture nodes
are an easy place to start.  Adding most tools will require a bit of
math knowledge - algebra and geometry mostly.  Some areas will require
a more in depth math knowledge (cloth, softbodies, physics, fluids,
and other solvers).

> Keen to contribute!!

We look forward to your contribution.

LetterRip