[Bf-committers] NDOF branch - problems and status

Shaul Kedem shaul.kedem at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 13:20:13 CET 2007

Hey, waddaya-know..

3d connexion made it top of the list for a linux input driver:
http://linuxdriverproject.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/DriversNeeded#Input_devices

Here is the scoop;
3D-controllers from 3DConnexion.com. They have a old motif-interface
today on the Linux platform. Not very well integrated. I think it
should be a kernel-module instead. A drop-in, replacement, open source
driver is available from John Tsiombikas at
http://spacenav.sourceforge.net. The open source version works well
with Space Navigator. Neither version currently provides the ability
to use a 3Dconnexion controller as a general mouse replacement.
Currently, programs must specifically implement calls to the SDK to
use the controller.