[Bf-committers] [Bf-blender-cvs] SVN commit: /data/svn/bf-blender [12309] trunk/blender/source/blender: added an option to adjust the alpha clipping value in the oprnGL preferenes .

Campbell Barton cbarton at metavr.com
Mon Oct 22 14:00:27 CEST 2007

On Sat, 2007-10-20 at 21:46 +0200, Alexander Ewering wrote:
> On Sat, 20 Oct 2007, Stephen Swaney wrote:
>
> >>  	short smooth_viewtx;	/* miliseconds to spend spinning the view */
> >>  	short glreslimit;
> >> +	float glalphaclip;
> >>  } UserDef;
> >>
> >>  extern UserDef U; /* from usiblender.c !!!! */
> >

> > This commit breaks on 32bit platforms.  You are missing 4 bytes
> > in UserDef
>
> If he didn't get a compilation error on his platform, then this is an error
> in makesdna that should be corrected.
>
> Alexander Ewering

We tried to fix this (by doing alignment checks for 32bit and 64bit at
once, no matter what system your compiling on), but there is no 100%
sure solution - (only the OS knows this).
The existing 64bit checks are not good but at least they dont break
existing files, which is a risk of making larger changes.

In short, we need to do compile tests for 32 and 64bit platforms.