[Bf-committers] examples as tests too (Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] SVN commit: /data/svn/bf-blender [12263] trunk/blender: updated pyconstraint template from nathan (cessen) which exposed some)

Toni Alatalo antont at kyperjokki.fi
Mon Oct 15 20:29:28 CEST 2007

Campbell Barton kirjoitti:
> updated pyconstraint template from nathan (cessen) which exposed some
> bugs with pyconstraints, also added a missing decref from python
>     trunk/blender/release/scripts/scripttemplate_pyconstraint.py

the code examples in the documentation strings in those templates that
Campbell showed in his presentation yesterday reminded me of the
doctests proof of concept that i did a few weeks ago - posted about it
to bf-python but at least he said he'd pretty much missed it so am just
reminding of that here .. perhaps regression testing, and that special
technique to do it,  is of interest to some of the devs who are not on
the python  list too.

[Bf-python] bpy doctest proof of concept
http://lists.blender.org/pipermail/bf-python/2007-September/005031.html
.. includes the minimal test test from http://an.org/blender/bpy.doctest
and some thoughts.

basically i guess those templates can work as tests just as they are -
doctests is perhaps more relevant to the style of example documentations
that there are in the api docs. (although, as mentioned in the original
post, a full regression suite is different from what you want to show as
the examples, but that is no prob as you can select where you put which
test)

~Toni