[Bf-committers] Building FFMPEG on MINGW

Peter Schlaile peter at schlaile.de
Sat Oct 13 12:38:31 CEST 2007

Hi Joe,

> MMX? Why not SSE or SSE2?

there is also an MMX2 optimized version included, if I got it
correctly. (MMX2 is a subset of SSE)

Later SSE versions seem to only add better floating point support to my
knowledge and don't help here very much.

If you want to read through the patch: I uploaded a "patches" directory
lately where you can get a look into the inner workings, if you are really
interested.

Reading through libswscale might also help. (For real understanding, you
might want to take a look at the intel developer pages. Those explain
various ways of YUV -> RGB conversion using MMX and later technologies.)

But the interesting question is still: does anyone of the MINGW user
want to just compile the bundled ffmpeg-libs and replace those, we bundle
currently?

Pretty, pretty please with sugar on top :)

Sincerely,
Peter